National Sales Manager
|Location:||Southeastern US, OR|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Seeking strong National Sales Manager based out of Southeastern US (preferably, Arkansas) region.|
Responsible for all sales functions and operations in assigned territory or account base. Responsible for developing and implementing sales and marketing activities to increase market share in key accounts. Directs strategic planning, communicates goals and objectives to Company personnel, oversees the activities of Sales Representatives as they relate to key accounts, and ensures that operational plans are effectively implemented. Tracks revenue goals and contribution margins, implements budgets, and completes reporting requirements as scheduled. Meets or exceeds goal expectations and ensures that professional relations exist with resellers, third party suppliers, and external contacts. Directs and appraises assigned personnel and keeps Senior Management well informed of area operations.
|Duties:||1. Assumes responsibility for the planning and development of effective marketing strategies and policies for key accounts.|
a. Actively calls on account(s) to attain sales goals and objectives for each account.
b. Works to develop a long-term business relationship with key accounts, identifying opportunities to expand operations to meet marketing requirements.
c. Coordinates business planning with Company personnel, including, but not limited to: forecasting, quarterly promotions, placement, and identifying opportunities and designing strategies to improve market share.
d. Monitors individual account performance across geographical, customer, and product lines. Develops specific account action plans to build business.
e. Provides industry, economic, and competitive information to assist in developing sales and marketing programs, merchandising decisions, distribution strategies, and training processes.
f. Plans and participates in meetings, and ensures that outcomes are productive and results oriented.
g. Ensures that sales and marketing plans, goals, and polices are consistent with established Company-wide goals.
2. Assumes responsibility for effectively implementing marketing goals and objectives.
a. Interprets and explains sales and marketing strategies to their accounts based on individual needs.
b. Responsible for day-to-day account activity and ensuring that activities are performed in accordance with Company standards. Tracks and records results of field visits and makes recommendations for improvements, as needed.
c. Prospects for new business opportunities to expand the Gerber presence and footprint within each account.
d. Ensures that sales goals are met or exceeded.
e. Ensures that marketing operations are cost effective and within established budget constraints.
3. Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting reporting requirements.
a. Measures progress toward established goals and communicates results to appropriate personnel.
b. Coordinates IS and database operations to ensure that reporting requirements are met.
c. Oversees budget analyses and reporting.
d. Submits accurate, timely, and complete reports to management as scheduled. Ensures that reports and records are accessible and meaningful for decision making processes.
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional client relations with key accounts.
a. Works to maintain excellent customer relations.
b. Meets or exceeds client expectations and established deadlines.
c. Ensures that resellers, managers, and owners are regularly contacted and well informed of operations and policies.
d. Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
5. Effectively supervises sales rmanagers, ensuring optimal performance.
a. Provides leadership to Sales Representatives and assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in systems and procedures.
b. Cultivates and fosters team building and cooperation, and motivates team members to achieve goals and further career development.
c. Provides assistance and support as needed.
d. Conducts performance appraisals as assigned. Provides measurable feedback and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
6. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Stays informed of industry trends and developments.
c. Completes special projects as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Minimum 5 years of key account sales management and promotions experience.|
• B. S. in Business, Management, Marketing or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Strong knowledge of client relations, account management, and distribution channels.
• Thorough understanding of business conditions across products, customers, and divisions.
• Excellent public relations and presentation skills.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong oral and written communication abilities.
• Solid analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
• Good accounting and business math skills.
• Able to use all related hardware and software including database and spreadsheet applications.
• Desired system knowledge: Cognos, Excel, PowerPoint, and Excellence. SAP experience preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.