|August 27, 2014 - September 27, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The CAD Drafter will support the engineering team, transitioning prints into 3D modeling for Gerber products. The ideal candidate must be able to create sketch sheets and model complex shapes for machined, molded and over molded parts for prototype machining. Candidate will also process documentation for 3D modeling in accordance with deadlines and workflow. Must be proficient with 3D CAD system (specifically SolidWorks) as well as MS Excel and Word to pull pictures, dimensions and other data to create a completed model.|
|Duties:||- Create CAD Assembly and Component Drawings, Parts Lists, Schematics, BOMs, Source Control Documents from sketches, redlined drawings, or reverse engineering of existing hardware. |
- Ability to interpret and gather detailed needs on drawings and work independently to accomplish drawing requirements.
- Understand the requirements of drawing contents and methods of verification as to drawing accuracy.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. Maintain and report work progress and status.
- Strong work ethic, problem solver, with very good analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
|Qualifications:||Education: Work requires an educational background sufficient to design and modify electronic working plans and engineering drawings. Prefer an AA degree in drafting or equivalent work experience.|
- Work requires 3-5 years of experience in drafting, design, and layout to develop accurate engineering drawings to include references to sheet metal, machine shop, electronic and electronics drawings.
- Proficient with SolidWorks or equivalent and expedient in the use of drawings applications and processes.
- Understand of Geometric tolerance and datum features.
- Understand working with different materials like all types of metal, plastic & rubber parts.
- Work with sketches and engineering notes to modify or update existing drawings.
- Leadership skills and the ability to work with limited supervision is a must.
- Must be detailed oriented, quality conscious and accountable for producing a superior product.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.