|June 01, 2013 - July 31, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||New Product Development|
|Description:||Gerber Legendary Blades is an industry icon with over 70 years of innovative and high-quality gear for outdoor enthusiasts and uniformed professionals/soldiers. |
|Duties:||As part of the new products sourcing team, will work with others to bring consumer goods to market. This will include:|
- Provide project management leadership for operations deliverables of all assigned projects during implementation phase, ensuring all deliverables are completed on time.
- Review new product designs for manufacturability, cost and quality; make recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in all design reviews, ensuring critical dimensions and tolerances are called out.
- Actively participate in Agile System process through creation of bills of materials and change orders.
- Support supplier selection through the qualification process working closely with offshore procurement teams.
- Initiate design and construction of supplier tooling, fixtures and assembly aids, including capital spend authorization, quotes, purchase requisitions, and qualification.
- Create applicable documentation, resolve day-to-day implementation issues and improve process during the product implementation phase.
- Perform manufacturing process qualifications using standard statistical measuring techniques to ensure a stable, repeatable manufacturing process is established including First Article inspections, capability studies and process FMEAs.
- Ensure ongoing product quality from manufacturer meets product quality specifications.
- Validate and approve manufacturing process changes during implementation phase.
- Work closely with manufacturer to drive implementation of metrology and quality assurance processes to support Gerber product requirements.
- Identify, quantify and communicate manufacturer’s manufacturing capabilities and new product development ability to the product development, operations, and planning teams.
- Review Supplier’s manufacturing processes to ensure they are adequate to meet part quality, cost and delivery requirements; drive changes where needed.
|Qualifications:||Education, skills and experience |
• Must be a US citizen with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the workforce.
• Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin fluently highly desired.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited University.
• Industrial, manufacturing or mechanical engineering degree preferred.
• High energy and the ability to multi-task across projects with good organizational skills.
• Ability to travel, both foreign and domestic.
• Project management skills a must.
• Solidworks or other 3D-CAD package experience desired
• 2-3 years minimum of “hands-on” experience. Ideal candidate will have experience in the consumer products industry with exposure to high volume manufacturing of consumer goods.
• Experience working with parts and products sourced from suppliers in Asia.
• Machining, metals processing, coating, forming, plastic molding and/or soft goods experience preferred.
• Must work well in a cross-functional environment and across all disciplines.
• Must have strong problem solving and time management skills, a results-oriented work ethic and be experienced in specifying and sourcing equipment, processes or products.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.